Monday, June 29, 2009

Winding down


The major work is done. Today I picked up the front drive shaft from A&I Driveline. Installed it this evening. The barrell or shaft was replaced because the original had a slight bend in it. Would have made for a little vibration. I had to mess with the speedometer cable as it was not working. Works now. Oh and I fixed the battery so it fits nice and tight.




The jeep starts and sounds great. Purrs like a kitten. I was thinking the exhaust system was going to need to be replaced, but with a little work it is nice and tight and sounds good. I messed with the 4-wheel drive this evening. It all seems to work fine. I did notice it doesn't fit the pattern on the shifter knob though. Probably not the original knob.


Yesterday I took apart the steering column to replace the key lock cylinder. Now that was interesting. It would be easy next time, but that first time - boy I wasn't for sure what I had gotten into. Notice the coyote call blinker knob. It was the first thing I found that fit and it stuck.

Also put the spare tire rack back on and fixed it so it didn't rattle. I think it looks better with the spare tire on the back.

Well, I believe I'm ready to get it inspected and hit the road or off-road.








No comments:

Post a Comment